Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We Passed Our Driving Tests

Yes, you did read that correctly.  In Oregon you are required to take the written driving exam to change out your out of state license.  As soon as we heard this I started to get myself worked up as I did not do so well 10 years  ago when I had to take the test to get my provisional license.  I won't lie.  I totally failed.  So needless to say I worked up some pretty serious test anxiety before going to the DMV today.  Prior to going Cliff and I took sample tests online and read through some sample questions.  We really needed to take care of car stuff today so there was no turning back.  We took our tests (32 questions) and we both passed!  I seriously couldn't stop smiling.  I had prepared myself to be devastated after failing.  I was that nervous.  Once the stress eased we chatted it up with three of the workers.  We heard about their dogs, date nights, living in South Carolina, and how lovely it is that we do not have to flight with bugs in Eugene.   Cliff got his photo taken super quick but when I sat down it took forever.  They had to take my photo three separate times as apparently I tilt my head when I smile into cameras and the computer doesn't allow this.  I was holding up the line and people apparently thought this was funny.  It was seriously a group effort between the two ladies, Cliff, and myself to get a clean photo.  With this said, I am pretty happy with the photo which is great since a license lasts for eight years here!

After the DMV we went out to Red Robin for a celebratory burger (we got a free one since it is my birthday month) and then See's candy.   I was already a big fan of Red Robin but the one here in Eugene is amazing.  The servers are always friendly and prompt, the burgers are actually cooked to order, the bottomless fries arrive almost immediately after ordering and they are always hot.  Their rewards card doesn't hurt either as Cliff and I have gotten two free burgers and quite a few other discounts.  If you like Red Robin, you should sign up!  Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment