Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pet Project

Our poor dog is not a fan of cold weather or rain.  As I have mentioned before he is happiest basking in the sun or in front of a hot fire.  When it rains or when it is really cold he will pause at the door and Cliff and I have to coax him to go out as we know that he probably really has to go to the bathroom.  If it is raining he rushes towards low lying shrubs and bushes and nestles himself under them (no matter how low lying) before he can go to the bathroom.  He must have shelter as he is that finicky about getting wet.  It is the funniest thing.  We have a rain coat for him which helps to keep him warm and dry.   He just hates being cold.  He is a warm weather dog.

Cliff and I have been really crafty lately.  We are both knitting projects and I got some nice wool sweaters from the thrift store for a felting project.  I have been feeling really confident in my crafting abilities recently so I decided that I should make Rudy a sweater from some felted blue and gray argyle.  We hoped that it would help to keep him warm and make him a little less cold and grumpy.

Cliff and I started the project last night.  After playing around with simply putting Rudy's arms through the actual sweater holes (hehe) I got down to business.  While I was busy "designing" Cliff made himself some felt inserts for his slippers.  He is really happy with them.  He thinks I should do the same so that I will stop pining for Wicked Good Slippers from L.L. Bean.  Rudy wasn't a big fan of the fitting portion (as he wanted to curl up and sleep on his bed) so it took me two different sessions to complete the project.  I finished this morning and he likes it!  I'm pretty excited.

He looks so handsome.  I reused the leather wrapped buttons from the original sweater as the fasteners for the neck piece and the part that wraps around his chest.  To help him look even cuter I added a collar.  He has worn it all day and it is still holding together and looking good.  I am considering this project a success.


2 comments: