Sunday, October 21, 2012

400 Pumpkins


We all know that I love the fall and that pumpkins make me giddy.  Seriously.  I love this time of year.  So imagine my excitement when I found out that my work has a three night hayride to celebrate Halloween and that in preparation I would need to recruit as many volunteers as I could get to carve over 400 pumpkins.  I get to do these things for my job.  Score. 

The great carving party took place on Friday and it was awesome.  Best day of work ever.  Our awesome Parks guys had already cut all the tops off and all we needed to do with scoop (gut) and carve.  I was thrilled as 106 volunteers and about 20 staff members came out to help.  We had several tables set up for the scooping and carving as I took it as my duty to move the pumpkins from our little patch area to the carving tent.  Parks left a sweet gas powered wheel barrow type thing so I deemed myself the moving master.  My at-work-other-half thought it was comical so she documented my process.  Enjoy....

Pumpkin two hundred and three...

Time to pull up my pants...

Let's get this started...

Whoops!  Got away from me a little...

"No worries.  I'm good!"...


Off into the mist I go...


The volunteers did an amazing job.  We had zombie pumpkins, scary pumpkins, happy pumpkins, and even several pumpkins with mustaches.  It was a fantastic day.  I didn't care that I was wet, covered in pumpkin guts, and starting to get really sore from lifting and scooping (don't laugh at me).  Look at all of them!


Ok, that the end of the real part of the blog. BUT if you are bored and want to see me geek out a little please scroll down to see some photos that document my love for the wonderful orange vegetable.

Pumpkin Fest 2003 in the Boston Common


Kappa Pumpkin


Apple Picking 2004


Kappa Retreat at the Hamptons 2005


Pumpkin Patch in Oregon 2006


Apple/Pumpkin Picking 2007 at Detering Orchard


Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch in Surry, Virginia 2009

 About an hour ago for dinner


Happy Fall!!!!!






1 comment: