Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Parade


This weekend I got to be in a Christmas parade. 


Every year my work helps to sponsor the event and they always enter a float.  When I was first hired I thought that maybe I could sneak my way into the parade.  Well, I lucked out as my coworker and I ended up being responsible for our whole thing.  We came up with the design, did the decorating, and then got to walk the 2.9 mile route yesterday.  How cool is that?


Our float's theme was "we've caught the holiday spirit!".  It involved a magical penguin ice fishing house that was filled with 20 little pre-schoolers with penguin hats on.  The pre-schoolers also made fun watercolored fish to which we glued "holiday spirit" words.  Our words included Joy, Peace, Love, Family, Friends, Hope, Wish, and we even added Rain since we do live in Oregon after all.  The little fishies went on the poles hence "we've caught the holiday spirit!".  I'm biased but I think it was stinkin' cute (that is a fish joke FYI).  Plus, I got to incorporate my super-cute thrift store penguins.  Yard decorates never looked so adorable.


We lucked out as it only rained a little yesterday.  It wasn't super cold and we didn't get soaked.  Plus I managed not to step in any horse poop.  We handed out thousands of pieces of candy and wished many people merry Christmas and happy holidays.  It was a lot of work to put together (heck Cliff even pitched in to staple tinsel icicles to the house) but it was really fun.  I can't wait for next year to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment