Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thrift Store Christmas Decor


As you know, I really enjoy estate sales and thrift store shopping.  From Thanksgiving to Christmas might be my absolute favorite time to hit up the stores as they have their holiday decorations out.  This year I've collected a few new goodies.  


99% of the items cost me $.49- $.99 except for this creepy little cutie.  He set me back $1.99.  In case you can't see it, he is holding a banner that reads Merry Christmas.  He chills with the garden gnomes and greets people on our stoop.   


So I found this little guy two years ago but I still wanted to post about him as I found him in a CHKD thrift store in Virginia.  He is a 1999 Annalee.  He is our version of elf on a shelf.   Favorite.


Stained glass Santa!  He looked really beautiful yesterday as it was sunny for a few hours.


I like to call this decoration "inappropriate snowman" as he looks a little suggestive.  Perfect decoration.


So I apparently really love Annalee holiday dolls as I have two other little ones.  I found these guys at St. Vinnie's in Eugene last year.  One is a Santa mouse and the other mouse is in it's nightgown.  Cliff has the genius idea of putting them on top of the coo coo clock (like hickory dickory dock).  Awesome.  Love it.


You gotta believe.  Maybe I like this sign so much because of my time in Baltimore when the "Believe" campaign was going on but it doesn't matter... I really like this sign.  Believe in Santa!


Speaking of Baltimore I found this awesome ornament in Goodwill.  As a Maryland girl, how could I not buy it?


We even got a new stocking for Rudy (in case you can't see it, it is a dog with a Santa hat on hanging by his tail).  We have to wait to fill it until Christmas as otherwise he would be a pest.



For work I bought a mini Christmas tree, a Hallmark Rodney the reindeer (like the one we had when I was little), and a little alpaca.  We named him Horacio the Holiday Alpaca.  He instantly makes people happy.  Cliff kinda giggles when he sees him as he likes Horacio so much.  He is handmade and awesome.

I love Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment