Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tulips!


This past weekend I traveled to Woodburn, Oregon with some coworkers to visit the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival.  Kathy and Jill have talked about the event for the last few years and raved about how beautiful the fields are.  Jill bought bulbs there and I've been jealous about how nice they look next t their house.  Knowing this I was excited when my coworker Erin invited me and another coworker (Jana) to make the trip.  Well, let me just say that it was beautiful.  There are 40 acres of tulips of all shapes, sizes, and colors.  The fields were full of people taking photos (some people even brought professional photographers with them to snap official family photos).  I confess as I took a lot of photos too.  It was hard not to.  We pretty much got our photo taken next to every tractor, wooden face cut out, flower, and kids activity possible. 


In addition to the photos we also got to see a man carving wooden shoes, race little rubber duckies down a shoot, browse craft vendors, and eat corn dogs.  My meal consisted of a hot chocolate and a corn dog with sweet and spicy mustard.  I'm classy like that.


On the way out I placed my order for 25 spring variety bulbs.  We will pick up our goodies in the fall.  I'm excited to see what sizes, types, and colors we get.  Yay!


 Oh, and there were steam powered tractors....


On the way out we saw a group of adult males lined up along a field watching some guys plow a row.  The tractors were really humming and steam was coming out like crazy.  One really excited guy even yelled "there it is!" as the dirt was being dug into.  Can't get much better than that.  Thank you Woodburn, OR.


No comments:

Post a Comment