Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 2: New Shoes

After seven years I finally had to retire my old sneakers.  Back in 2005, Mom and I each got a pair of brand new Nike Free shoes.  They were coolest thing around and they didn't make my knees hurt.  For the last year or so mine were in pretty bad shape but I couldn't imagine trading them in when I only used them every now and then.  Well, I am proud to say that since the first of the year I have been exercising three to five times a week and my shoes were showing it.  On their final hike up Spencer my foot actually split through the side of the shoe.  There was no turning back; I needed new ones.  To say goodbye I took them to the Nike store to be recycled.  Check out Reuse-A-Shoe for more information as it is pretty cool.


We went back to Eugene Running Company. They put me on the treadmill and watched my gait to see what type of shoe I needed.  I ended up with the girl version of Cliff's new Brooks.  I was a little nervous as my feet hurt on my first run but I think they were just getting use to having some structure (seriously look at the old ones).  Since then I have run in them several times and there have been no issues.  Cliff and I are starting to run multiple times each week on the roads/hills around the cottage.  Cliff is shooting for 12 miles this week and I am going to try to be right there with them.


New shoes are pretty great.  Definite good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment