Friday, May 25, 2012

Yoga At Work

Today I went to my very first yoga class...and I was at work!  On Wednesday, a co-worker clued me in on the awesomeness that is lunchtime exercise.  A free hour-long yoga class takes place every week for district employees.  It was really nice.  It was dark and quite in the room.  We did a whole lot of poses that focused on releasing tension in the neck, shoulders, and back.  I felt fine before the class but since leaving the session I have felt great.  I need to buy a mat as lunchtime yoga is going to appear on my calendar from here on out.  Totally cool.


Employees can also sign up for Jazzercise two times a week.  I think once I'm settled in a bit more I might try that out too.  Holy cow.  I've always wanted to take fun exercise classes and now I might actually do it.

Really I have no excuse for not exercising three to five times a week.  Cliff and I can use the gym and pools for free, free yoga, and cheap lunchtime Jazzercise.  I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment