Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rowing

In the month of December Kim and I started rowing in the Concept2 Holiday Challenge. Kim's knee started bothering her so she decided to pursue other forms of exercise for the time being, but my knees seem to prefer rowing to running. Because we bought tickets back to visit family I didn't have the full time to complete the challenge. I rowed for an hour four day out of five until I almost met the goal of 200 kilometers. I was very excited to complete the challenge. Immediately after completing it I PRd in the 2k and half marathon. Regular exercise leads to improvement. Go figure. A week or so ago I received the pin that you see on the stuffed dinosaur to the right.


In an unrelated note: we received an amaryllis bulb. We planted it a little deep so some of the early leaves came up with wilted edges. I was worried that we weren't going to see any flowers. Obviously it did flower. It is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment